My 2013 New Year’s Resolutions
(And how they turned out)
I am not a New Year’s Resolution kind of guy but every now and then you have to give new things a try. This year I did! Here is how things turned out.
- Get in another 75-game softball season. (Did it! May have another 75 in me for next year.)
- Stop driving myself so hard. (Didn’t happen.)
- Stay off any kind of medication for another year. (Done!)
- Stop letting it frustrate me when people ask outrageous amounts for old baseball cards on e-bay. (Bad here. Still drives me insane.)
- To drive faster and more aggressively because Melissa says I drive like I am ninety. (Didn’t happen. Looking on the bright side I will one day be ninety and will no longer have to consider this a derogatory remark.)
- Fight any temptations to appear younger that may embarrass my family and those around me. (Mission accomplished! My hair is thinning and going gray without a fight and I do not own one pair of skinny jeans.)
- To say the word “fo-shizzle” in a sermon. (This one shifts to 2014. Still could happen.)
- Quit smoking. (Done. Have never smoked but always figure there needs to be a slam dunk in any resolution list.)
All in all, not bad. That being said, I am taking 2014 off on the resolution front.