I was asked last week about the “secrets” of a long and effective ministry in one place. Don’t know that I have any great secrets, perhaps I am not that smart, but I will share some core values:
1. Remember your call. When things get tough, remember why you got into this.
2. Keep your marriage strong. If that is bad, everything is bad.
3. Stay in the Word. Reading the Bible from cover to cover every other year or so is a great discipline.
4. Keep learning. Read. Attend conferences. Get a coach. Keep getting better.
5. Never forget you are in the people business. You can’t just sit in your office and be brilliant all the time. You have to add value to the lives of others.
6. Don’t take things personally. Choosing not to get your feelings hurt is essential.
7. Hold it steady. Remember that God…
View original post 149 more words