My Social Media Pledge (2020 Edition)
A lot of folks are closing their social media accounts. I get that. Why invite more mania into our lives?
For me, social media is still better than it is terrible. From time to time, I revisit the Social Media Pledge I make every year. A new year is upon us. Now seemed like a good time.
- I will always keep things upbeat and positive
- If I don’t have anything nice to say, I won’t say anything at all
- I will choose to not be offended (unless that is impossible)
- I will not squirt “weak sauce” with my whining and self pity
- I will temper my innate sarcasm (except when I deem it too hilarious not to share)
- I will not pass along “chain letter” kind of stuff
- I will never add someone to a group unless they ask to be added
- I will celebrate the gift of life
- I will rejoice in the beauty of God’s creation
- I will try to have some thoughtful, humorous and helpful things to say
- I will celebrate the Christian faith that fuels and empowers me
- I will enjoy my family and joyfully share in your family celebrations as well
- . I will be sensitive and prayerful before I post anything
- . I will not be drawn into on-line arguments
- . I will not get political (others seem to have that well covered)
- I will always take the high road
- I will keep in touch with friends and family
- I will have fun (lots of fun)
- I will try to add value to the lives of others
Anyone care to join me?
-Rev. Shane L. Bishop, A Distinguished Evangelist of the United Methodist Church, has been the Sr. Pastor of Christ Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois since 1997.