Thanksgiving week is almost here! Here are ten hacks:
1) Make everyone stay at the table for a full hour. No one leaves. No one. And not a bit of dessert or a sip of coffee for forty-five minutes.
2) No phones at the table. None. If you look at your phone, it goes in the turkey carcass with the stuffing until supper. No exceptions.
3) Say grace. Old fashioned. Heads bowed, eyes closed, holding hands. One person can keep their eyes open to monitor.
4) Remember those by name who are not in their chairs this year. Speak out their names before saying grace. Remember their lives and sacrifice.
5) Tell your favorite family Thanksgiving stories. The year of the huge Thanksgiving blizzard. The year when it was like summer outside and everyone went on a walk. The big family football game of 1992. The sweet potato casserole debacle of 2001. Get out the old photos. The kind…
View original post 182 more words